Thursday, August 5, 2010

Weimar

Goethe's House
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weimar

Weimar was the home to Goethe, Schiller, Listz, Beethoven, Hans Christian  Anderson, Walter Gropius, Etc.  It was one of the most important centers of the enlightenment in the 18th and Early 19th Centuries.  While I was there I made a new friend at the Hostel, and we went to a political comedy at a small cabaret the first night I was there.  It was a little difficult to get.  I probably only understood about 60%, but it was fun.  Then next morning we bought city tickets and set out to see the sights of Weimar, covering about 10 km, and 10 or 11 of the more than 30 museums there.  Kind of an exhausting day.  The next morning I walked out to Belvedere Palace and Gardens, which was really one of the nicest I have visited, but forgot to put the disk in my camera, so no photos there.

No comments:

Post a Comment