Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Return to Dresden


This morning I got up and decided to go on to Alternburg.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altenburg
I really wanted to see it but when I got there, there were no baggage lockers in the station, and I had to walk 2 km from the Train Station, with all my baggage to the tourist information center.  I don't know why, but Info centers are not located in the stations, but usually in the center of town.   When I got there I found that there was only one hostel in the area and it was actually in a town about 5km in the other direction from the station, and the least expensive hotel room was 68 Euros, which is definitely not in my budget.  Totally annoying!  So when I came  back to the station I decided to get the next train home.  Although I will probably want to go back there sometime I just wasn't in the mood.  It is good to be back home.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your disappointment but you did get there. I will be happy to hear you say you are ready to call Florida home again. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bubba I wish I was there with you to experience this.

    ReplyDelete